Saturday 24 September 2011

Representation in my local newspaper

All articles written in my local newspaper will be reflecting groups in a positive way and will show equality.


Ethnicity -  within my local newspaper i will present people from ethnic minorities in a non bias way but as positively as possible as to not cause offence. I think representing them in this way will also help others negative views towards ethnic minority groups change as their opinion will be challenged.












Age -  within age I will focus more on teenagers and over 60's, I will try to represent teenagers in a positive way as many newspapers both local and national focus on the negative aspects of teenagers, I will focus on the good things that teenagers do such as charity and volunteering work and GCSE and A level grades. When representing the over 60's i will also try to do in a positive way as sometimes they are presented in a negative way, and try to show that the local area still respect older people and are very keen to look after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment